Volunteer Transportation Western New York Transportation Coordinator
$16-$19/hr. depending on experience, 30-40 hours/week.
Hourly position with potential advancement and health benefits after 60 days.
Approximate Start Date: June 1, 2019
The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the client database,
accepting new appointments from clients and maintaining a volunteer driver database. Additionally, the
Coordinator will maintain verification of trips completed by volunteer drivers through Medical
Answering Services’ (MAS) website including sending corrections to call center along with reviewing
The ideal candidate would have the following experience level and skill sets:
● Experience in health care navigation, client case management, human services or related field;
● Experience as a customer services representative or comparable position for a sales and service
● Experience in medical office administration, medical billing/clerical is a plus;
● Experience working on a small team in a fast-paced work environment;
● Comfort traveling to various work locations daily;
● Can work both remotely and in an office per a set schedule;
● Proficient in spreadsheets, word processing and presentation platforms;
● Comfortable with high volume of email, database management and phone calls;
● Have reliable transportation, a valid NYS Driver’s License, and a laptop computer.
A summary of responsibilities below outlines the general areas in which the Transportation
Coordinator will work:
● Make available client applications when requested.
● Receive telephone requests from clients for transportation needs, enter those requests
into the database, and arrange transportation.
● Participate in driver recruitment and training, assisting the Program Coordinator as
● Participate in volunteer recognition, assisting with its content, planning, etc.
● Enter transportation requests into scheduling database.
● Update schedule as needed to reflect cancellations, no-shows, and other needed
● Maintain and update the FoxPro Transportation database.
● Conduct appropriate written and oral communication with both clients and drivers of
Volunteer Transportation WNY.
● Attest to trips through the MAS website.
● Review mileage for accuracy.
● Send corrections to call center when necessary.
● Perform duties as additionally assigned.
Please email resume and cover letter to: